The Shopping Experience
- 29,508 square feet
- The historic Union Market is being revitalized to create an authentic artisinal marketplace.
- Opened 2012, the market features 40 local and regional vendors - DC Empanadas, TaKorean, Dolcezza, Rappahannock River Oysters, Lyon Bakery, Red Apron Butcher
- Other culinary artisanal delights include dairy from Trickling Springs Creamery, cheese by Carolyn Stromberg, and Bergen & Buffalo soda shop featuring drinks by Gina Chersevani.
- Located approximately 1 mile from the U.S. Capitol and a few blocks from the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gallaudet Metro Station
- Adjacent to NoMa BID, an area of active urban revitalization
- Traffic count: 80,000 cars per day on New York Ave.; 40,000 cars per day on Florida Ave.; 12,600 cars per day on 6th Street
- For details on artisans and events, visit www.unionmarketdc.com
New York Avenue & Florida Avenue
Washington, District of Columbia 20002
Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV CBSA
I think the most pleasant surprise has been the concentrated excellence of Union Market. I'd held my breath for something very cool to happen there, and it's surpassed my expectations, rounding up an all-star squad of culinary talent from around the region. Sign me up for a permanent bar stool at Buffalo & Bergen or Rappahannock Oysters any day.
- Erin H, Word of Mouth